Sunday, November 7, 2010

Noelle, a true hero.

I was diagnosed with Epilepsy at the age of 3 months; just a baby. Around the age of 10 we started looking for service dogs for me. However, I was denied because of my age. By the time I was 12, we had trained my first dog....Scarlett. She saved my life 8 times! Sadly enough we had to put her down because she had begun to have seizures due to a brain tumor. That had to be the hardest thing ever!

When I was 12 years old, I went to my mom and dad and told them that when I grew up and was out of high school I wanted to train service dogs for kids, young adults, and pretty much everyone else that was like me. That's exactly what I did!! I graduated high school in 2008, and about 3 or 4 months later we started up Noelle's Dogs Four Hope. My dream was that nobody ever be denied a dog because of age, severity, or anything else.

I feel very accomplished when I look back and think where I was about a year ago. My company has grown tremendously and I am proud to be the owner. I'm not gonna lie, it's been pretty overwhelming at times. It is completely worth it though; I can't imagine doing anything else with my life. Seeing all the joy on everyone’s faces when they first get their dog or when the dog graduates; and the smile on their faces warms my heart and reminds me of why I opened the company in the first place.

My Dog is currently in training her name is Alice, she can be a pretty big handful at times but she gives me an hour warning before a seizure so I think I can take a little wildness (haha).

For more information on Noelle’s organization, please visit: Noelle's Angel Dogs

No comments:

Post a Comment