Saturday, April 16, 2011

There's no such thing as failure, only learning experiences...

As most have already heard we made the decision to allow Echo to resume his family dog status in our household.  He's an awesome dog but we could tell that he just wasn't happy going shopping:)  I would much rather have a happy pet than a stressed out dog.

My parents and I have been talking about getting a true service dog and we are pursuing our options.  My mom would love to have some peace of mind that comes with a service dog.  For her, the alert isn't as important as the response piece of it.  She said she will rest easier when I'm out and about if I have a trained seizure response dog by my side.  She knows she has to let me spread my wings but would feel much better if I spread my wings in the presence of a canine companion...

Training Echo has been a great experience for me.  I've learned a lot through various trainers we have worked with.  We plan on moving onto advanced training with Echo using our current trainer, Rob.  He's phenomonal with Echo and Echo enjoys his training sessions.  This will give me experience for future endeavors. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment