Saturday, July 17, 2010

Busy day ahead

My mom informed me that we would be BUSY today getting things we need for my first purple pig roast. We need to run to at least 3 different stores to pick up supplies, and that doesn't count the stores we have to run to later this week when we start picking up food.

I am kind of proud of my mom because she hasn't hit "insanity" yet. Even though she has a ton to do she is just plodding along getting it done, one step at a time. She had ONE minor melt down last Friday night. We were coming home from Hershey Park and she commented "the pig roast is only a week away right"? My dad answered "yep" and my mom started rattling off a list of things that still needed done. My dad assured her it would get done which seemed to be the magic words because my mom dropped the subject.

You have to understand that my mom is what most would call "OCD, Type A Personality". She's not really OCD, but she does like to be organized and have lists, and have a plan for everything. She has been kind of relaxed about this whole pig roast, but I do suspect that is going to change very shortly, quite possibly, today. :)

I hope you all have a great day today. Think of me, sitting in the car with my mom as she rattles words/sentences off to herself trying to keep this event organized and on track.

1 comment:

  1. It is SO a mom thing... it isn't OCD it is MOM... and I can so relate!

    ReplyDelete