Monday, July 26, 2010

Changing direction


First, I would like to thank everyone who came to my purple pig roast on Saturday. It was way too hot, 98 degrees to be exact. The weather had a huge impact on the success of my event. We were a little disappointed but today is a new day.

Second, and the reason I'm posting today, is the big news for Kaitlin's Cauze. I have decided to change directions with my cauze. Originally, I founded Kaitlin's Cauze to raise money for the Epilepsy Foundation of Western/Central PA. While I still think the work they do is important to those of us affected by epilepsy, I think there are other avenues I would like to pursue with Kaitlin's Cauze.

I have decided to make CURE (Citizens United For Research in Epilepsy) my main focus for raising money. My thoughts are this: if more money is given to CURE and more work is done to get more funding for epilepsy in general, then someday there will be no need for any other organization, because we'll have a cure for epilepsy. Simple, right?

I am also going to give the proceeds from ALL merchandise sold ffom Kaitlin's Cauze to the Chelsea Hutchinson Foundation. This foundation works hard raising money through their own fundraising events so they can help people in need of seizure alert dogs. Another great cause in my opinion.

I hope you will all understand my decision to change direction. It's not something I decided overnight. My mom and I have been discussing this for a few months but since I already made a commitment to the EFWCP to try to raise $1000 I wanted to follow through before announcing my decisions. My mom educated me on a few epilepsy organizations and how each one helps in one way or another. In the end, my mom and dad let me decide where to focus. And they support my decision because that's just how they are.

Thanks again to everyone who has been following Kaitlin's Cauze, I couldn't do what I do without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment