Friday, July 9, 2010

Onward and Upward

Yesterday morning was the last increase in my medicine, I am finally up to 200 mg two times a day. We (make that they) are hoping that the increase will work to control the absence seizures. I say "they" because the absence seizures don't bother me, I don't even know that I'm having them. "They" includes my neurologist and my parents...

With that being said, I feel GREAT. The last increase did not make me sick or tired or cause stomach pain. In fact, I spent the afternoon swimming with my friends (under adult supervision of course) and had 2 friends sleep over last night. Tonight I am going to Hershey Park. Unless it rains. Which after a week of being REALLY hot, of course it looks like rain this evening.

My mom spoke to a family friend (actually my softball coach and his wife) about designing a tshirt for Kaitlin's Cauze to help raise awareness for epilepsy. I have chosen to donate all proceeds from the tshirts to Seizure Alert Dogs for Life. If you know me, you know I love dogs. (I have 3) If you know me really well, you know that when I grow up, I want to work with animals. Now that I found out about Seizure Alert Dogs for Life I may just think about combining my love for dogs with my epilepsy and maybe work with them.

More details will come regarding the tshirts. They are going to be designed by: With Kidz in Mind. Stay tuned...Stay cool...Stay involved... Be a voice...

No comments:

Post a Comment