Sunday, July 4, 2010

Lamictal Increase

My doctor increased my Lamictal a few weeks ago. Like most any seizure medicine, it needs to be increased slowly over a few weeks time. I think it's so my body adjusts to the new dose without getting the severe side effects. Lamictal is known for it's life threatening rash. Obviously, I haven't had a problem with that.

Sometimes I have problems sleeping at night. My mom said it could be the medicine because a side effect is insomnia (being unable to sleep). I also get back aches and stomach aches from time to time- at first my mom didn't think anything of it, but now she thinks it could also be the Lamictal because it is known for causing stomach pain and back pain.

Since my increase started I have experienced sleepiness, this usually bothers me in the morning, after I take my morning dose. I've also gotten a lot of stomach pains, which usually affects me at night, after I take my night dose. I don't get these side effects every day/night, it seems to be hit or miss. My mom said once my body adjusts better I shouldn't have any problems, or maybe not as much.

I had to leave a sleep over party the other night because of my stomach. I don't like when the side affects interferes with my activities.... Hopefully my mom will be right and things will settle down soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment