Sunday, August 29, 2010

Feelin' betterish!


Last week I started to feel sorry for myself and the fact that I COULD have epilepsy for the rest of my life. But, today I am feeling "betterish" about it. "Better" is about epilepsy and the "ish" is on account of school starting and summer being over.
My mom spent a lot of time talking to me and listening to me last week. And I spent some time thinking about things.
What I have concluded: I didn't ask for epilepsy but I have it. I can't change it. Worrying about it won't change anything. What I can do is what Dory said (from Finding Nemo): "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming".
I started Kaitlin's Cauze because I wanted to help OTHERS in the epilepsy community. I wanted to raise money for research and awareness and I wanted to educate people on the disorder. So, I'm going to suck it up, turn my frown upside down, and keep working on my mission.
I might have epilepsy, but I won't let it have ME!

1 comment:

  1. Go with the flow, sweety

    Dude
    Focus dude
    Dude

    Dude
    You have travelled far
    You must be swimming under a lucky star
    You're exactly where you're meant to be
    So grab some shell and surf the EAC with me!

    Go with the floooooooow!
    Go with the floooooooow!
    Go with the floooooooow!
    (Go with the flow)
    Don't be a high-strung fellow
    Kick back and keep it mellow
    Woah woah woah
    Go with the flow!

    Kill the motor dude
    Why don't you take it slow?
    Let us see how Squirt does flying solo

    Woah! That was so cool! Dad, did you see what I did?

    You so totally rock, Squirt!
    You're such an amazing kid.

    It's awesome
    They're eggs on a beach and then goo goo g'joob
    (goo goo g'joob)
    They find their own way back to the big old blue

    But what if they're not ready?
    I mean, how do you know?

    Well, you never really know
    But if they're ever gonna grow
    Then you gotta let 'em go
    You know?

    Just go with the flooooooooow!
    Go with the flooooooooow!
    Go with the flow!

    When you're raising sons and daughters
    It's like surfing the muddy waters
    Woah, woah, woah
    (Go with the flow)

    ReplyDelete