Saturday, October 16, 2010

Balloon Release

On November 1st Kaitlin's Cauze will kick off epilepsy awareness month by releasing 24 balloons. 24 is a big number for me because it represents the number of months I've gone without a tonic clonic seizure. Well... truthfully by November 1st it will only be 23 months but I'm adding the extra balloon BELIEVING I'll make it to 24 months. :)

I am inviting a few of my friends to join me for this, afterward my parents will take us for pizza to celebrate the start of a month long campaign to bring epilepsy awareness to as many people as possible.

We are using eco friendly materials, which means the balloons will be biodegradable. We will not be attaching strings/streamers to them either. We will place a small fact card (made of recycled paper) inside the balloon as a way to spread awareness.

Kaitlin's Cauze invites you to do a balloon release in your area. Let's make this an event to remember. If you do participate, please feel free to take pictures and send them to me so I can post them on my website/blog. You can send them to: kaitlinscauze@comcast.net

A lot of really cool things have been happening this month and we are really excited by the support that many of you are giving. We're all in this together!

Shout it if you have to, but step up and be heard!

My name is Kaitlin and I HAVE EPILEPSY!!!!

1 comment:

  1. THAT IS A GREAT IDEA!! I WANT TO DO IT TOO! But where do you find biodegradable balloons?

    ReplyDelete