Saturday, October 9, 2010

Echo News...


Today Echo and I had our very first agility lesson with an experienced trainer. Agility is a team sport, meaning we have to work together to get through the course. Today we learned that Echo likes chicken as his reward (he is highly food motivated).


The first thing we learned was clicker training. Clicker training reinforces the good behavior such as "focus", "here", and "wait". These are all commands that I will use with Echo in agility. It teaches Echo to follow my voice and hand signals. This is important to learn because during agility we will be running the course together and he will have to follow my voice commands and my hand signals so he knows what obstacle to do.


The second half of the session was working on some of the equipment. Echo showed his stuff on the tunnel, pause table, triple jumps, and weave poles. Our trainer was quite pleased with how well he did.


In case you haven't read my previous post, I would like to train Echo in agility with hopes of winning and donating some of the money toward epilepsy research and awareness.
If you're going to dream, you may as well dream big!
Love,
Kaitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment