Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Best Friends...

Don't walk in front of me,
I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me,
I may not lead.
Just walk beside me
and be my friend...



Kaitlin decided to do a balloon release to kick off epilepsy awareness month, so she gathered her 3 "besties" to help her get the job done. 48 purple helium balloons, each with a fact card attached, filled our living room... and then the sky...

Of course, it was a windy day in PA. And of course, all those balloons got somewhat tangled while waiting to be released, and of course Kaitlin accidentally let go of her balloons a little early... But it was still a FUN event filled with laughter, silliness, balloons, french fries, and pizza.

Riley, Kaitlin, Ally, and Erin (pictured left to right) are perhaps the funniest group of girls I could ever imagine hanging out with. Each girl brings to the mix their own unique personality, which when combined with the other 3 leaves you guessing what they are going to do next.

Riley, Ally, and Erin have Kait's back, no matter what. They keep an eye on her and know how to respond should a seizure occur. They don't treat her differently because of her epilepsy and accept her for who she is. That's a sign of true friendship and amazing girls!















3 comments:

  1. LOVE this post! What WONDERFUL friends you have, Kaitlin! You are truly blessed, with your friends and family! :)
    Glad the Balloon Release was a success and a GREAT time! Wish I could have been there!
    Love the 2 photos, as well!! How sweet!! :)
    Love to all,
    Darcy~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Darcy! You always have something positive to say! I will have my mom post pictures of the balloon release on my fb page this evening, things were kinda crazy last evening with the over abundance of orders we received! Yes, I do have WONDERFUL friends- including you. Thank you for your support and encouragement from you area of the world! <3

    ReplyDelete