Wednesday, November 3, 2010

EMFIT

Admittedly, when it comes to advancement in technology, I am one who drags my feet kicking and screaming at the changes that are coming about. I LIKE things the way they are, thank you very much! I don't want to have to take a course to learn how to operate my camera, laptop, cell phone, and controls to the TV, stereo, and gaming units.

However, there are times when even I have to admit, that advancement in technology is good...

One of the advancements in technology that I am a HUGE advocate for is the movement monitor by EMFIT.

I've never heard of such a device until I read about Danny Stanton and the Danny Did Foundation. I quickly checked out the webpage and was IMPRESSED that there is such a device on the market.

I sent a message to Christine at EMFIT and within hours received a reply. At this time my husband and I were discussing whether or not to pursue this for Kaitlin. We hesitated for many reasons, most of which centered around her need for normalcy in spite of having epilepsy.

We decided it would be well worth the investement for peace of mind. We were stressing at night, waking up frequently to check on Kaitlin, always concerned that she would have a seizure during her sleep that we would not know about....

Although Kaitlin hasn't had any nocturnal seizures since having the alarm we do KNOW it works. We've had a few false alarms where Kaitlin was moving too much in her sleep, after 20 seconds of continued movement (the setting we have hers set on), the alarm sounded alerting us of a potential problem. Fortunately it was not a seizure, and thankfully we know this unit is doing the job it was designed to do, therefore we sleep much better at night.

Feel free to visit their web site and check out the movement monitor. If you have any questions regarding the movement monitor they won't mind you sending an email or giving them a call. They are truly eager to help.

And... In honor of Epilepsy Awareness Month, Emfit will offer 15% off the retail price of the Movement Monitor through November 30th. Contact their office at (877)32-EMFIT for more details.

Kim (Kaitlin's mom)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, I had never heard of EMFIT before now. Learn something new every day!
    This is a very good device, and it certainly would be worth the investment.
    I'm enjoying these Blogs daily! Still working on mine, too! Can't wait to have it posted on here!!! :)
    Darcy~

    ReplyDelete